In undertaking this recovery program, NADI ADMIN will be establishing a “Certified Automotive Recyclers (CAR) Register” that will be made up of recyclers who wish to gain access to vehicles under conditions stipulated by the OEMs.
The program will operate in three stages:
There are a number of conditions attaching to the Program that will be monitored by NADI ADMIN.
CONDITION 1 – TIME ALLOWED FOR PICK-UP
• Unless otherwise specifically agreed with NADI ADMIN, a vehicle must be collected from the Dealer within two days of the day on which the Recycler has accepted the booking (e.g if the Recycler accepted the booking on Tuesday, the vehicle must be removed from the Dealership by close of business on Thursday).
CONDITION 2 – ONLY CERTAIN PARTS CAN BE REMOVED
• While the OEMs will accept removal of certain parts for resource recovery (such as catalytic converter, battery, mag wheels and the like) they will not however allow removal of parts for commercial sale.
CONDITION 3 – USE NADI MOBILE APP FOR VEHICLE TRACKING and UPLOADING PHOTOS
• A MOBILE APP (Android and Apple) will be available for the RECYCLER/TOW TRUCK OPERATOR TO DOWNLOAD.
• At the time of collection of a vehicle the TOW TRUCK OPERATOR must PHOTOGRAPH THE VEHICLE ON THE GROUND AND ON THE TRUCK and UPLOAD THESE PHOTOS using the MOBILE APP.
• At the time of delivery to the RECYCLER’S YARD the RECYCLER or TOW TRUCK OPERATOR must PHOTOGRAPH THE VEHICLE ON THE GROUND and UPLOAD THESE PHOTOS using the MOBILE APP.
CONDITION 4 – (THIS RELATES TO MITSUBISHI VEHICLES ONLY)
• FOR MITSUBISHI VEHICLES, the AFFECTED TAKATA AIRBAG will still be in the vehicle.
• USING A FORKLIFT, LOADER or OTHER MACHINE, THE RECYCLER MUST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE VEHICLE ARRIVING AT THEIR YARD CRUSH THE ROOF OF THE VEHICLE DOWN ONTO THE STEERING WHEEL IN SUCH A MANNER THAT THE AIRBAG IS MADE INACCESSIBLE.
• THE RECYCLER MUST PHOTOGRAPH THE VEHICLE SO AS TO EVIDENCE THE AIRBAG IS INACCESSIBLE and UPLOAD THESE PHOTOS using the MOBILE APP.
• WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ARRIVAL AT THEIR YARD (or such other time as specifically agreed with NADI ADMIN), THE RECYCLER MUST PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF DESTRUCTION OF THE VEHICLE WITH THE AIRBAG IN IT.
CONDITION 5 – ISSUE A CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION
• At the time of destruction of the vehicle the recycler must:
o using the MOBILE APP, photograph the vehicle at the stage of crushing and UPLOAD THESE PHOTOS; and
o using the MOBILE APP, confirm the Certificate of Destruction questions and issue the Certificate through the APP
NOTE: If the above conditions are NOT MET, a recycler may be SUSPENDED (NOT RECEIVE MORE VEHICLES) until the conditions are met.